Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: WTF? Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    WTF? Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    This is is a big load of equine feces

    If you?re frustrated by poor service at a restaurant, think twice before you decide to not tip. You may be in for a bit more than just a dirty look from the waiter.
    "Nobody, nobody wants to be forced to pay a tip or be arrested for terrible service," Leslie Pope said when her happy hour ended in handcuffs.
    Pope and John Wagner were hauled away by police and charged with theft for not paying the mandatory 18 percent gratuity totaling $16 after eating at the Lehigh Pub in Bethlehem, Pa. with six friends.
    Pope claimed that they had to wait nearly an hour for their order and that she had to get napkins and silverware for the table herself.


    ?At this point I became very annoyed because I had already gone up to the bar myself to have my soda refilled because the waitress never came back,? Pope said.
    After the $73 bill came, the group paid for food, drinks, and tax but refused to pay the tip. After explaining the bad service to the bartender in charge, Pope claimed he took their money and called police. The couple was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police car.
    ?I understand that, you know, we didn?t pay the gratuity, but it was a gratuity, it wasn?t something that was required,? said Wagner.
    The owner admitted that the group waited unusually long for their food, but said the pub was extremely busy that night. He said managers offered to comp the food, a claim the couple denies ever happened.
    ?Obviously we would have liked for the patron and the establishment to have worked this out without getting the police involved,? said Deputy Police Commissioner Stuart Bedics.
    Police charged them with theft since the gratuity was part of the actual bill. However, it is doubtful that the charges will hold up in front of a judge. The couple is scheduled to appear in court next month.
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WTF? Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    lockem up and throw away the key hahaha......
    thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WTF? Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    I wouldn't eat at that restaurant. We need to take the Tip back. The point of it has somehow got lost. These guys got arrested because they added it into the actual bill.
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WTF? Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJones View Post
    I wouldn't eat at that restaurant. We need to take the Tip back. The point of it has somehow got lost. These guys got arrested because they added it into the actual bill.
    If I go to a restaurant and gratuity is already added to the bill, I don't tip at all and I don't go back.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WTF? Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    If I go to a restaurant and gratuity is already added to the bill, I don't tip at all and I don't go back.

    Only place I have seen it done at is Myrtle beach and Gatlinburg. Seemed to come along with Foreign owners and less hospitality. Any places around here add it in?
    GO VOLS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WTF? Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJones View Post
    Only place I have seen it done at is Myrtle beach and Gatlinburg. Seemed to come along with Foreign owners and less hospitality. Any places around here add it in?
    Bennegins was notorious for it...but they are now closed.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •